Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day!

To be honest I've never been very into Valentine's Day.  It seems like there is a lot of unnecessary pressure put on guys and an uncertainty about "do I need to get my husband a gift or is this a girl's holiday?".  However, I do believe in making things special for your children and making traditions that they will always remember.  Fortunately Beck doesn't remember yet and I have more time to figure out what our traditions will be.  This year I was able to ride the coattails of my sister's lobster dinner tradition with her family.  As I mentioned before David has been traveling for work a lot lately and was gone again last night.  Lucky for me my friend Ella's husband, a hard working attorney as well, was also traveling.  So we decided to have a little Valentine's dinner of our own with our true sweethearts, our boys.  Ella's son Clark is just 3 weeks older than Beck and one of his very best buds.  Lately, they have really started playing together which is so fun to watch, another added bonus of this is that Ella and I actually got to sit down and enjoy a hot dinner together while they entertained themselves.

Mom's Dinner (the picture does not do the lobster justice)
Boy's dinner (because Chick-fil-a is the toddler's lobster)
"I like you Ms. Amy but I am definitely not sharing."
"Oh my gosh, Mom is this lobster?!"

A little Valentine's hug, with their respective weapons of course.



Red velvet, courtesy of my sister and Tasty-Kakes for the boys all the way from my mom in Philadelphia!


All in all we had a great Valentine's day with our best friends! 

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs