Friday, February 10, 2012

Baby fever (and not the good kind)

My dear boy Beck started "school" in January, he goes two half days per week and seems to really enjoy it.  I love that he is getting socialization, learning to share, and learning self-control.  The kids are very good at sharing germs with each other which was has made for a fun winter so far!  After Beck's first week at school he got hand, foot and mouth disease (not as bad as it sounds but still pretty bad).  I was expecting and fully ready for the common cold and a virus here and there but that was just uncalled for!  He and David have also had a lingering cold.  But my favorite most recent illness has been pink eye (luckily a very mild case) which did not even come from school but most likely from the filthy airplanes aka greyhound buses in the sky.  Through all of this I have remained 100% well.  I credit this to my healthy habits, but more likely growing up in a house with 11 kids, giving me an amazing immune system.  David has also been traveling a lot lately so he conveniently has been gone through most of the sickies.  The ONLY positive about Beck getting sick is that it usually requires me to stay home from work and take care of him.  I am more than happy to do so because my worst day at home with Beck is better than my best day at work.

I was texting with my brother-in-law yesterday and he was able to put things in perspective for me and also make me smile.



Unfortunately I have not had much time to blog or really do anything.  Beck and I have been doing a lot of this lately.

Thank God for sweet Boone dog.

David and I have been able to sneak away for some Mardi Gras festivities thanks to my wonderful in-laws.  I am looking forward to my favorite ball tomorrow night!
My sister-in-law Leigh and I in our clown costumes at the Pierrettes ball last weekend.
* Please note my ridiculously large costume.


Happy Friday!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs