Friday, April 27, 2012

Welcome Back!

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!

I took a bit of a technology break during Lent and I have had a hard time getting the motivation to start back on the blog!

I also had a hard time motivating myself to work out again, apparently I gave that up for Lent too.  But David convinced me to join boot camp again, which I could kill him for as he lays there snug in bed at 5:00am while I drag my sore body to the car.

Life has been quite busy lately, between work and Beck.  However, David and I did manage a little weekend getaway last week!  We went to Oxford, MS...I know it sounds so glamorous.  David went to both undergrad and law school at Ole Miss, and I have been dying to see the town. 
We went for their spring weekend and had a great time.  We saw some games (football and baseball), saw his friend Sanders Bohlke's show (find his amazing music here), ate way too much, and did some shopping (probably too much in David's opinion).
I did feel a little old on a college campus, and I got a little too giddy when a "cool girl" came up to me to compliment my top. 


The cabin we stayed in was so quiet and peaceful, it was outside of Oxford about a mile deep in the woods.  I took a nap everyday, sighhh.







How pretty is Oxford's town square?!  I am obsessed with southern architecture, much of our weekend was spent riding around and looking at homes and the campus.



Although it was nice to escape and pretend we were young college kids again for a weekend nothing makes me happier than this little face!


P.S. One thing I noticed...many college boys were more in touch with their feminine side than I remember.  As we walked to dinner on Saturday a group of fraternity boys rode through town blasting this song.  I have to admit I am kind of obsessed with it now but I have to play with when David's not around to avoid the eye rolls.





0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs