Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dream BIG!

As I've mentioned before I am obsessed with Pinterest.  I have gotten so many great ideas from it, mostly recipes and activities for Beck, but also shopping and ideas for the home.

I am currently getting ready to give our bedroom and guest room a mini facelift and I have found paint colors and decorating ideas that without pinterest would have taken lots of trial and error (emphasis on the error). 

I also have a few boards that just make me happy to look at.  Some of the clothes / fashion I know I'll never wear in my everyday life but it is there to inspire me when I shop and get dressed! 

My favorite board is probably my Dream BIG! board.  It has images of gorgeous homes and design.  When David and I were in Oxford we went to a home of a friend of the family.  It was over 100 years old, with porches off of every side of the house.  I whispered to David, "this is like a house on Pinterest."  It was beyond gorgeous with probably 20 foot ceilings, huge crown molding, old fireplaces...the house had been redone but they tried their best to restore it to its original charm.  It wasn't some huge monstrosity, or a newly built mcmansion, it was just a beautiful old southern home fully restored.  David told me to take pictures and that they wouldn't mind but I did not want to embarrass myself. 

I dream about that house (and the ones below) but for now (I mean I'm only 26!) pictures and tours (where I am open mouthed the entire time) will have to satisfy those dreams.



Can I build this tomorrow?


Doors open to porches everywhere.


A dutch door is a must have...in my dreams.


Cedar shake, ok.


I want a porch I can live on.


This kitchen, those doors, so much character.


I die.


I would never leave and that would be embarrassing.


Outdoor shower in FL, why not!


Obviously Cher Horowitz's closet is my dream but this is isn't too shabby either...


In my wildest....



0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs