Friday, May 11, 2012

Making Goals

I like to constantly make new goals for myself.  I can't say I always meet these goals or I don't give up on them once I've somewhat met them but I at least try.  One goal that I am always striving to meet is being healthy: body, mind, and spirit. 

I started with this goal by trying to be more positive, especially at work which is where I struggle with it the most.  I have just been trying to cut out as much negativity around me as possible.  I then decided I needed a healthier body so I joined bootcamp again and it has made me feel so much better, after a good workout I am instantly in a great mood and start the mornings off right. Next is spirit which really for me just means going to church and praying more often.  The prayer thing I have got covered but I'd be lying if I didn't say there are Sundays I skip church (gasp! don't tell my mom!).

Part of this being healthy thing for me means cooking more often!  David says my family is weird in that we prefer a home cooked meal over eating out anytime.  David definitely prefers eating out, take out, etc.  and he got me in a bad habit of this quick and easy dining.  However, he says he is sick of going out to eat with me because there are only about 5 restaurants in Pensacola I'll go to and I basically order custom meals and it is embarrassing. Also, Beck has decided he hates restaurants too...

I don't have much time to get dinner on the table after work so quick meals and crock pot meals are my friends.  I have found great recipes on Pinterest and have had David pick out the ones that look appealing to him.  Last night I made avocado and bacon pasta salad and it was awesome!  It was light and so quick and easy, find the recipe here.  I did alter it a little by adding tomatoes and broccoli and using lemon pepper instead of lemon juice and freshly grated Parmesan cheese instead of Romano.

 Pinned Image

YUM!


 David and Beck love Mexican so I am always trying to come up with new Mexican dishes (tacos can get old fast). This weekend I am trying this.  If it's a hit it will be one of my go to crock pot meals.  The crock pot is so great because I can throw everything in before I leave for work and I come home to a completely cooked and ready meal. 

Pinned Image

 Looks Delicious!

Happy Friday!!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs