Friday, January 27, 2012

Spring must-haves

Living in Florida I usually love the little taste of winter we get, but this year has been unseasonably warm. That would be great if it was warm, sunny and enjoyable but it has been gray, humid and wet. I am now anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring. The thing I am most excited about is the clothes! I am loving all of the bright colors, prints, and the nautical looks. I would describe my style as classic with an edge. But in terms of clothes I usually just go with what I like and what looks good on me rather than trends. There are a few reasons for this 1. Cost - I can't justify spending money on something that I won't be able to wear again the next year. 2. I don't want to buy something so trendy and feel weird wearing it again the next year. I hate feeling like my clothes are out of style, it's like being the last one to hear big news (awkward and embarrassing.) 3. I have more fun mixing my classic clothing pieces with trendy accessories which is also usually more cost effective.
I should also note that I hate shopping for myself. It is a chore for me, especially when it comes to trying on clothes. However, I love shopping for Beck! I can take more risks with his wardrobe, well because he's a baby, and because the clothes won't fit him next year anyway. Also at his age it's ok if things don't fit him perfectly so no hassle of trying things on!


These are just a few things I have bought for myself or things I would like to buy!  I am dying for a maxi skirt.  I love the look just not sure I can pull it off at 5'2".  I'm thinking if I get a fitted skirt and wear high high heels, like the items below, it may work.

Spring must haves


Below are a few things I am lusting after for Beck.  I love the John-John with the sailboat monogram, he had a bubble that was the same design last year and it was my favorite outfit of his.  I think this will be the last year David will let me get away with dressing him in clothes like this so I need to take advantage.  The two pairs of shorts are swim trunks but are good looking enough that they could pass as shorts!  This is important because we live In our bathing suits down here.


Beck's spring must-haves

 

 

*Note- I am still getting the hang of blogging so please bear with me.  Big shout out to my friend Jen for all her help and encouragment with the blog and in general! Check out her blog @ www.alldressedupinluv.blogspot.com

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blog Designs